Luka Product Care
Your Luka monocle necklaces are designed and carefully made to accompany you wherever you are. Here are a few tips from us to make sure they maintain their shine and sparkle.
Luka Lens Care
Our monocles are made from a high quality optical polymer that is designed to last, but like all glasses it’s important to take proper care of the lenses. Here are our tips for making your Luka lenses last:
- Use your carrying pouch whenever you are not wearing it. Your carrying pouch also has a divider inside to separate between the chain and the lens.
- Clean your Luka lens daily. Your black carrying pouch doubles as a cleaning cloth.
- Do not clean with clothing, paper towel or tissue. These kinds of fabrics are too harsh and can scratch your lenses. Use a microfiber cloth.
- Do not leave your Luka lenses near windows. The sun reflecting off the windows can damage the lenses or melt the frames.
Gold Plated Care
Water, lotions and cleaning products are gold-plated jewelry’s enemies so avoid any contact between your gold-plated Luka necklaces and those substances. It is also preferable to take the jewelry off when working out, as sweat can also affect their shine.
Once in a while, it is recommended to clean your pieces with a soft and dry cotton or microfiber cloth.
Do not use jewelry cleaner on gold plated jewelry, as it is too harsh for them.
Silver pieces are a little more tricky, as they can tarnish with humidity, oils, sweat or body lotions. Here's a few things you can do:
- Purchase a silver polishing cloth (They are inexpensive and will last you a long time) and gently wipe your pieces with it.
- Place a square piece of aluminum foil in a bowl, place your silver Luka necklaces on it and pour hot (but not boiling!) water in the bowl. Add a spoon or two of baking soda in the bowl and mix around. You can leave the pieces in for about 30 minutes, then gently rinse off and dry with a towel.
Pearl & Enamel Care
Taking care of pearl and enamel coated pieces is not very different from looking after of the rest of your Luka necklaces. Make sure to keep your piece away from water sources or any kind of lotion. It might also appreciate a gentle rub with a cloth every once in a while, just saying.